Welcome to our Conference
Canadian Obesity Weekend is the annual Conference of the Canadian Association of Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons (CABPS). The CABPS Virtual Conference will be held on June 3 – 5, 2021. You can't afford to miss it!
Welcome Message from CABPS Leaders
Message from the President
Stephen Glazer, MD, FRCPC, FCCP
Message from the Conference Chair
Sharadh Sampath, MD, FRCSC
Dr. Sharadh Sampath, MD, FRCPC, Chair
Dr. Laurent Biertho, MD
Ms. Jennifer Brown, MSc., RD
Dr. Marjorie Dure, MD
Dr. Stephen Glazer, MD, FRCPC, FCCP
Dr. David Lau, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Ms. Andrea Millard, MSW, RSW
Dr. Sarah Nutter, BA, MSc., PhD
Dr. Judy Shiau, MD, FRCPC, Dipl. of ABOM
Dr. Sanjeev Sockalingam, MD, FRCPC
Distinguished Service Award
The CABPS Distinguished Service Award is given in honour of a bariatrician dedicated to the care of those living with obesity in Canada. The award recognizes a bariatrician’s outstanding contributions to the practice of Bariatric medicine in patient care, research, and education.
- Open to CABPS members only
- Visit each Exhibitor in the Virtual Exhibit Hall and click on their Mystery Box Entry Button. Attendees who have visited all booths will populate into the draw.
- Draw will take place at the Closing Ceremonies on Saturday. You must be present to win!
- Mystery Box contents worth $300
- Gift will be shipped after the Conference to the recipient.
Hmmm..what could be inside?
Join CABPS on social media! Share your experience with us this year during Canadian Obesity Weekend by following CABPS on Twitter @Cabps_obesity and on our Facebook page. We will be posting all that is happening at the conference using the hashtag #CABPS2021. Make sure you include this hashtag in your posts to stay connected!