What We Do - Our Mission Statement
The Canadian Association of Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons (CABPS) represents Canadian specialists interested in the treatment of obesity and severe obesity for the purposes of professional development and coordination and promotion of common goals.
The mandate of the Canadian Association of Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons follows:
- To bring together Canadian Physicians and Surgeons with a special interest in Bariatric Medicine and Surgery in order to maintain and improve the standards of Bariatric care in Canada.
- To support both primary and continuing educational programs in Bariatric Medicine and Surgery.
- To advance knowledge in the field of Bariatric Medicine and Surgery.
- To facilitate and promote research in the field of Bariatric Medicine and Surgery.
- To develop policies and new ideas in the areas of clinical care, education, and research in Bariatric Medicine and Surgery.
- To represent the views of the Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- To facilitate communication between the public, the medical community and the ministries of health at the provincial and federal level so as to promote awareness of the health risks of obesity and severe or morbid obesity, the financial and health burden to the individual and to society, and the efficacy of medical and surgical treatment options.